Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jane of the Jungle... EEEK!



I know this is supposed to be a knitting blog, but I am fascinated by all of the creatures I am seeing in my yard. I haven't really ever liked bugs or creepy things, But the colors are great! I am starting to understand where people who get their ideas for yarn colors come from. I guess I should start looking closer for ideas (but not too close!) This one "flew" my way this morning. It is a Blinded Sphinx moth. Okay, not really blind, I am assuming the "eyes" are supposed to scare you off. Sure scared me when I thought it was a dead flower head!
Now, I noticed the colors on it, and realized I would never have thought to put those together, but they are really pretty. I am going to try to duplicate these in a sock yarn. What do you think? Maybe someone would buy it. Between this one and the milk snake colors from my last post, I should start my own line of colors..... New England vertebrates and invertebrates. Um, okay, maybe not.!! Suggestions anyone??

No comments: